The Town of Batesburg-Leesville has contracted with Waste Management to provide sanitation and recycling services to citizens and businesses located within the municipal boundaries of Batesburg-Leesville.
Household Trash Collection
All household garbage must be in plastic bags and placed inside of provided trash containers. Please keep our town clean and litter free by putting garbage in securely tied plastic bags. Containers provided by Waste Management must be placed by the roadway no later than 6:30 am the day of pickup. Once your garbage containers have been emptied, please remove the container from the side of roadways and place back at your residence or place of business. Garbage containers shall not be left out by the roadway at all times.
Normal scheduled pickup for household garbage is based upon address. Pick-up services are typically between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Thursday. There are factors that can delay pickup of household garbage and can possibly lead to garbage collection occurring on the next day. If your garbage is not collected on the day assigned, we still encourage you to contact Town Hall and make us aware, so we can communicate with Waste Management and determine if it was missed or if they encountered problems which has delayed normal pickup. The map below provides a general reference to the day of your pick-up. To ensure your trash is picked-up on the correct day, please contact our staff at Town Hall.
Map Reference: Monday - Blue, Tuesday - Purple, Wednesday - Green, Thursday - Brown, Friday - No Town Pick-up
The Town of Batesburg-Leesville encourages all residents and businesses to recycle. Recycling bins can be requested from Waste Management, who provides recycling services. If you currently don't have a recycling bin and would like one, you may contact Amanda Etheredge at Town Hall (803) 532-4601. Recycling pick-up is every other week and occurs on the same day as your trash pick-up. Please check the community calendar on our home page for the next scheduled pick-up.
The following products ARE recyclable:
- Newspaper and inserts
- Newspaper-like paper
- Plastic milk jugs and soda bottles
- Clear and colored plastic items coded 1 through 7
- Glass food containers in all colors
- Any metal or aluminum food cans
- Office paper
- Junk mail
Please remember to remove and discard all lids and rinse out all containers. Crush plastic and cans if possible.
EVERY TIME YOU RECYCLE, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
- Plastic soda bottles are recycled into fiberfill, fleece wear, luggage, picnic tables,benches, carpet, buckets and pipe.
- Forty recycled plastic soda bottles make enough fiberfill to stuff a sleeping bag.
- Aluminum cans are recycled into lawn chairs, construction products, aluminum foil and even cars.
- You can save enough energy to operate a TV for six hours by recycling just two aluminum cans.
- Newspaper and other paper products are recycled into writing paper, cereal boxes, paper towels, tissue paper and cardboard.
- Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 mature trees, 7,000 gallons of water, three cubic yards of landfill space, two barrels of oil and 4,100 kilowatt-hours of electricity – enough energy to power the average American home for five months.
- We can easily put Mother Nature’s recycling system to work in our gardens by spreading yard waste around trees, shrubs, and other plantings. Some common mulching materials are grass clippings, green leaves, brown leaves and wood chips.
120 West Church Street
P.O. Box 2329
Batesburg-Leesville, SC 29006